Gary J Frank
“Strong, experienced, and compassionate.” These are words that clients often use to describe Family Law Attorney Gary Frank. With over 30 years of experience as a courtroom litigator, a mediator, and a former Judge Pro Tem, Gary Frank has dedicated himself to helping families and children through their most difficult times.
Focusing strictly on Family Law and Mediation, the Law Firm of Gary J. Frank P.C. has been located in the prestigious Biltmore area of Phoenix, Arizona for more than 25 years. Satellite offices in Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, and Tempe make visiting our law firm easy and convenient.
Gary was born in Minnesota and grew up in Phoenix, Arizona. He graduated from the University of Arizona and obtained his Juris Doctor degree from Pepperdine University School of Law, in Malibu, California . He received his Mediation training from the late Joan Tobin, a pioneer in the field, and he has practiced mediation in this state for over 20 years. Gary was appointed to the Governor's Task Force for Prevention of Child Abuse, and has won a Volunteer Lawyer of the Month award from the Maricopa County Bar Association. For many years, Gary acted as a Judge Pro Tem in the Superior Court, filling in for judges on the Family Court bench; and he has authored articles and been a seminar presenter.
Gary Frank has handled high-conflict disputes and complex litigation in all areas of Family Law; including contested divorce, custody, relocation (move-away), modification, enforcement, paternity, grandparents' rights, step-parent and non-parent custody and visitation, child abuse/dependency, property division, child support, spousal support, guardianship, and other cases dealing with children and families. He has also presided over complex disputes as a mediator.
What sets Gary Frank apart is the fact that he truly cares about his clients and is committed to being a strong advocate on their behalf. Mr. Frank gives each client his personal cell phone number. He works closely with the client to set goals and develop a case plan designed to meet the unique needs of that particular client. Mr. Frank is well-known as a children's advocate, and he fights to protect the best interests of his clients and their children.
Gary Frank brings compassion, understanding, and a wealth of experience to each Family Law case. He will explore every option for settling the dispute amicably; but he is always ready to go to court and aggressively pursue his client's rights. He is your advocate. He takes that responsibility seriously and, most importantly, he cares.
For the benefit of his clients and the public, Gary posts legal information in his blog, at www.garyfranklawblog.com.
You can also find him on Facebook, at
Areas of Practice
- Parenting Time
- Relocation (Move-Away)
- Grandparents' Rights
- Property Division
- Spousal Support (Alimony)
- Child Support
- Child Abuse
- Step-Parent Custody & Visitation
- Non-Parent Custody
- Domestic Violence
- Business Valuation and Division
- Arizona, 1981
- U.S. Federal Court, 1981
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 1979
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
- B.A. - 1975
Honors and Awards
- Volunteer Lawyer of Month, Maricopa County Bar Association
- Governor's Child Abuse Prevention Task Force
Pro Bono Activities
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Squaw Peak Elementary School (12 years)
- Site Based Committee - Squaw Peak Elementary School
- Community Council Member - Creighton Elementary School District
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Arcadia High School (8 years)
- Varsity Softball Assistant Coach - Arcadia High School (4 years)
- Competitive Girls Fastpitch Club - Softball Coach (6 years)
- Baseball Coach - Camelback Little League (13 years)
- Competitive Boys Baseball Club - Team Coach
- Men's League Baseball Team Coach - Camelback Toyota, 2008 - 2009